Director of Youth Ministry Job Description
JOB TITLE: Director of Youth Ministry
REPORTS TO: Pastor of Chain of Lakes Church
SUPERVISES: Childcare Coordinator
WORKS WITH: Youth and Family Ministry Team, Parents and Volunteers
WORK HOURS: Up to 15 hours a week. Possibility of extended time off in the summer
WORK SCHEDULE: Sunday 10am – noon, flexible schedule for rest of week. Possibility for remote work
PERFORMANCE REVIEWS: Periodic reviews in first year, annually thereafter
SALARY: $20 to $22 per hour (negotiable)
JOB OBJECTIVE: Lead the development and growth of youth ministry, pre-school through high school, at Chain of Lakes Church
- In partnership with the Youth and Family Ministry Team develop, promote and implement Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Bible Study, and events/other ministries in a way that draws in new families and retains existing families.
- Build and nurture relationships with families and youth in the congregation and community.
- Recruit, train and provide direction to volunteer teachers and other volunteer positions.
- Attend and participate in Staff meetings.
- Actively participate with Youth and Family Ministry Team and assist with developing and adhering
to annual budget.
- Motivate and lead congregation in living out the Chain of Lakes Core Value of Investing in Future
- Vital, growing relationship with God
- Love of children and their families
- Commitment to the Purpose Statement, Core Values, and overall ministry of Chain of Lakes Church
- Strong communicator who listens well and possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and enjoys working in a team-based atmosphere
- Knowledge of and/or experience in a Reformed, Presbyterian background
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of common Social Media platforms
- Valid Driver’s License
- Approved Background Check
- Proven ability to Multi-Task
- Willingness to adapt to a changing environment
Work is done in an office environment, homes, and some outdoor events
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 763.208.8049 or email email@example.com with further questions