Sunday, March 7 Pastor Paul will continue a sermon series on the Sermon on the Mount. Communion will be celebrated.
Elementary age students are invited to join virtually for our Sunday Circle lesson. We will meet over Zoom from 9:45 – 10:15am on Sunday, February 28. Look for your lesson packets in the mail. Zoom instructions will be sent via email. Contact Carol High at email@example.com with any questions.
Let’s Build Love on Chain of Lakes’ property and let’s build it with your help! Volunteer to be on the overall building team or on a smaller team working specific issues such as lighting, sound, interior design, or exterior construct. Teams will provide design inputs, suggest creative ideas, work with contractors, and influence final decisions. Share your talents, experience, and interest in this exciting, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity by signing up on the Communication Card or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following small groups will be offered. All small groups will start the week of February 28
- Mondays at 2pm John and Gloria Ivers will lead a small group over Zoom on “The Sermon on the Mount”
- Tuesdays at 10am Kathy Brevig will lead a group at Chain of Lakes (observing COVID precautions) on “The Sermon on the Mount”
- Wednesdays at 7pm Pastor Paul will lead a small group over Zoom on “The Sermon on the Mount”
- Alternate Wednesdays at 7pm Heather Butterfield will lead a small group over Zoom on the book Discovering How to Pray, by Hope MacDonald
- Alternate Wednesdays at 7pm Heather Butterfield will lead a small group over Zoom on “The Sermon on the Mount”
The Chain of Lakes Church Spring Bowling League starts March 1 at Bowlero in Blaine, and runs through May 3. Bowling starts at 7pm. COVID-19 precautions are observed. If you would like to bowl, contact Alice Nyberg through the church office email email@example.com, or mark the online Communication card.
The team who oversees worship is very interested to learn more about your online worship experience. You can help immensely by filling out a survey. If you have attended online worship, fill out the survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NF8BXYR. If you have not attended online worship, fill out the survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FVG9BYX. The survey will take ten minutes or less to complete. By filling out the survey you are helping Chain of Lakes create an even better worship experience. The deadline to fill it out is Sunday, February 28.
Contact Pastor Paul, firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to participate in the People of Joy Facebook Group. Participants share stories and examples of joy in their own life. Participating in the group will help each person to be identified as a person of joy. Many people have already signed up.
For safety reasons the Session voted recently to temporarily go to online worship only. To worship online at 10:30am on Sunday click the Online Sunday Worship Service link at colpres.org. If it doesn’t work for you to worship online at 10:30am on Sunday, you can worship anytime during the week by going to the Sermon Videos at colpres.org.
February 28 Sunday 11:30am Congregational Forum on Zoom
March 1 Monday 10am Cleaning
March 2 Tuesday 3:30pm Staff
March 2 Tuesday 5:30pm Communications
March 3 Wednesday 3pm Local Impact
March 6 Saturday 9am Youth & Family Ministry Team
- For the family of Curt Oakes, Jolene Altrichter’s brother, who passed away Saturday, February 20. Prayers of comfort
- For Natalie Renee Burfield to have a safe and healthy last month of pregnancy
- For all those in Texas and other places affected by the winter storm last week
- For John Ivers’ sister Margaret, who is recovering from COVID. Ease her anxieties
- For COVID-19 vaccinations to be administered to all who want them
- For Aimee Sahlsteen’s brother, who has Lou Gehrig’s disease
- For Sherri Varsho, who is living with cancer, going through treatments. Healing and strength
- For Dave Brady, Nancy Amundsen’s brother, who has Lewi Body dementia. Strength for him and his family
Announcements for February 28 – March 6, 2021
Welcome to simulcast online worship at Chain of Lakes Church.
Today is a BIG Day! Chain of Lakes is simulcasting worship for the first time since October.
Welcome to Jan Boehm who is a candidate for the Music Director Position at Chain of Lakes. Jan moved to the Lakes Neighborhood this past March.
She served for many years as the Music Director at First Methodist Church in Ankeny, Iowa.
Pastor Paul is continuing a sermon series on the Sermon on the Mount.
Today he will preach on the “antithesis” or “extension” section of the Sermon on the Mount.
Please stay after worship for a congregational forum over Zoom regarding the future building of Chain of Lakes Church.
A Zoom link was emailed to the congregation this past Thursday, February 25.
A special blessing to all, in particular to guests, who worship today. Everyone is asked to fill out the Communication Card online at colpres.org.
All guests who fill out the Communication Card will receive a gift.