Announcements for the week of June 13, 2021
Welcome to worship at Chain of Lakes Church.
Today Pastor Paul is starting a new sermon series called, “The Best Advice Ever.” Each Sunday he is looking at a question that many people have, and then sharing the advice Jesus would give to that question. Today he is looking at the question, “How to be great?” Each Sunday during this series someone from Chain of Lakes will share a story about the best advice they ever received. Today Sally Orock will share a story through a video.
Today we will enjoy contemporary music. Pastor Paul will do a short teaching on the Apostles’ Creed.
A special blessing to all, in particular to guests, who worship today. Everyone is asked to fill out the Communication Card in the bulletin at church
or online at colpres.org. All guests who fill out the Communication Card will receive a gift.
- If you are fully vaccinated (two weeks out from receiving vaccination), you do not have to wear a mask.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you have to wear a mask. People leading childcare/Sunday Circles have to wear a mask.
- Worship leaders (singers, Lay Reader, Pastor, and speakers) who are fully vaccinated do not have to wear a mask. If they have not been vaccinated, they have to wear a mask.
- Anyone is welcome to wear a mask even if vaccinated, and will be accepted for their decision.
Chain of Lakes is also sharing a livestream of today’s worship service. To worship online at 10:30am click the Sunday Online Worship Service button at colpres.org.
After Time for Children, Sunday Circles will be held in the Kids Space during worship.
Next Sunday, June 20, is the kick-off of Drive-In worship at 10:30am on the Chain of Lakes property. Bring a lawn chair to sit by your car. Sing, hear Scriptures, a sermon, and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors. Snuggle in the backseat of your car with your favorite person if you like. Worship leaders will be standing on the south berm of the property. Everyone who comes to Drive-In worship on June 20th will receive a bag of popcorn. Activities for kids will be provided.
You can help out with Drive-In worship in three ways.
- Pass out door hangers this week in The Lakes neighborhood about the launch of Drive-In worship. Pick up a packet of door hangers and a map. You can hand out door hangers at a time convenient for you.
- Help set up for Drive-In worship. Each Sunday at least four people are needed to help with set-up of Drive-In worship. Be part of a team who helps out. With enough people signing up you would do this once or twice a month. Sign up on the Communication Card on this website.
- Invite a friend to Drive-In worship. Invitations can be extended in a number of ways. A Facebook event page will be set up where you can share on your own Facebook page; share an email about Drive-In worship that you will receive this week; call someone and invite the person to go with you.
Any background in fundraising efforts for school or youth organizations? Any experience in raising funds for a company or non-profit? Any interest in learning more about fund development for your career or resume? Any desire to help Chain of Lakes raise money to supplement the annual budget? If you answered yes to any of these questions, Chain of Lakes needs you! Email email@example.com to be a part of a creative, proactive, fun team that believes Chain of Lakes is making a difference in people’s lives and the wider community.
June 20 As part of the “The Best Advice Ever” series Pastor Paul will look at how Jesus responded to the question, “How often do I forgive?” Obi Anizor is scheduled to share a talk on the best advice she has ever received.
June 27 Pastor Bill Chadwick will preach at Drive-In worship. Bill is a long time friend of Chain of Lakes.
FREE T-Shirts are in the Community Life Center. The T-Shirts were part of the Serve 2020 initiative led by the Local Impact Team. The initiative was halted at the time by COVID, but rest assured there will be many opportunities shared in the next few months about service. The T-Shirts belong to the people of Chain of Lakes rather than being stored in a bin. Please take one!
Thanks to everyone who gave to the Stimulate Special Offering. The congregation reached the offering goal of $4,000. Yay, God!
This summer Chain of Lakes is going to experience a variety of music styles. Enjoy our offerings on the following Sundays:
June 20 – Gospel Music
June 27 – Contemporary songs of the 1990’s
July 4 – Traditional Hymns
July 11 – Secular Music
If you would like to receive a copy of the Floor Plan for the future building, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of the floor plan is also on the wall of the Community Life Center along with a thermometer that shares how Chain of Lakes is doing on receiving Building Fund gifts.
Chain of Lakes has a Community Garden on the church property in The Lakes.
Eighteen plots have been rented, and there are still some plots available. The annual rent is $25 if you help with garden chores, or $50 if you prefer to not volunteer. Water for the garden is available at central faucets/hoses in the gardens. The gardens are open to the public. Go to colpres.org/Ministries#communitygardens to learn more and for an application.
Everyone is encouraged to do their best to keep current on financial giving. Consider:
- Mail a contribution by check to the church office
- Make a contribution on the church website at colpres.org
- Make a contribution via automatic withdrawal. This is a convenient way to give. If you need a form, email email@example.com
June 14 Monday 5pm Connection
June 14 Monday 7pm Worship Team
June 15 Wednesday 10:30am Staff meeting
June 18 Friday 2pm Office help/cleaning